7.06.2008

Wet, Hot Korean Summer

As per last post, I have lost my cell phone and have become completely unreachable for the last 36 hours. Needless to stay, I may become socially ostracized if I do not replace it STAT. That being said, I was ripped from sleep at 11am by Amanda knocking on my door, asking why I wasn't answering my phone. Conversation and condolences ensued and soon we made a plan to head to Beomgye for lunch and then off to Anyang Art Park. Have I mentioned it's like, the HOTTEST day ever? Yeah, like living in a greenhouse, is how Amanda put it. No worries, we shall persevere.

Lunch was good. A little *Italian* place called Sorrento. The food was acceptable, but the decor was NOT.

Anyway, bussed it to the park and all was well. That is, until we started to walk. Have you ever been so hot and sweaty it feels like yer literally swimming in yer own skin? Like you could float away in a sea of yer own perspiration at any moment? All I gots to say is I have newfound respect for Koreans. Especially women in heels, at a park, on a Sunday afternoon. Dayum.

So yeah, we never really made it to the Anyang Art Park. We did find a public pool, though. That's where you'll find me for the remainder of my Korean summer. Oh, and I promptly took a cold shower when I got home.

4 comments:

~*~ amanda ~*~ said...

Way to rock your BSU pride across the world, baby!

Mindy said...

Ya like that?!

Kristi said...

If it makes you feel any better, I got a sunburn good enough for both of us over the fourth..

Work and Learn is gone, trailer empty, never to return. Say hello to Victory Academy in the fall.

Mindy said...

Victory Academy? Aw, they couldn't even keep the name? I'm a little choked up, I'm not gonna lie...