4.19.2010

a slice of real life

a few years ago i worked with a student named eric. he was in his senior year of high school and just starting to emerge from an adolescence filled with shit you and i can only imagine. the other day he posted this on facebook:



 "I am 21 now, every breath I take serves my pride. I have survived places while growing up that were filled with rapists, murderers, and drugged up lunatics. I have survived myself when I saw no possible hope in life. I am an adaptive person who strives to cope with all the issues of my life so that I can smile and be positive for myself and for those I encounter everyday. Being happy is a neverending pursuit. :)"


it takes some people a lifetime to understand the role they play in the pursuit of their own happiness. cheers to eric for "getting it" at 21. happy birthday, man!

No comments: