So, in no particular order, may I present to you:
30 Random Things about Myself That I Haven't Already Overshared on the Internets
1. I am an avid collector of street posters. I prolly have somewhere near 100, many of which are rolled up waiting for that day when I can finally afford to have them framed. My favorite is an advertisement for a Gustav Klimt exhibit in Seoul that I've also affixed my entry ticket to. I stole it from Anguk station in winter 2008.
2. There are two miniature plastic dairy cows permanently placed on my desktop speakers. One has pink hooves, the other neon green. They are my tiny pieces of pastoral bliss.
3. I do not miss my family nearly as much as I should. This makes me feel guilty beyond belief.
4. I have read the entire Harry Potter series at least five times and I'm damn proud of it.
5. At 30, I have become incredibly selfish with my time and resources. I want to have kids, but I am afraid that I wouldn't share well with them.
6. Last year I finally read The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. It is a novel about love, relationships, monogamy, trust, betrayal, and companionship. I am so thankful to have read it as a 30 year old woman, rather than at a naive 22. Otherwise, I believe it would have beaten me down and stolen my will to connect with others. It is easily among my top 10 most loved books. (Behind 'Harry Potter' of course!)
7. I have a wretched short term memory and will often forget things 15, 10, even five minutes after discussing them...
8. However, I have an excellent sense of direction and can often relocate places I have visited just once. This is prolly why I made such an epic pizza delivery girl.
Can I start making stuff up yet? Damn, this is way harder than I thought...
9. I have very few rituals, or things I do methodically and consistently, however I always put my left sock and shoe on first, I always read Postsecret on Sunday mornings, and I never brush my teeth before bed.
10. If I am friends with you on Facebook and you've just had a child, I will publicly congratulate you, but I will privately block you from my news feed. One person can only take so many "Jasper pooped like a champ!" or "Grayson is finally eating pea puree!" posts. Come on.
11. I secretly envy Canadians' patriotism. And their poutine. America's got nothing on poutine.
12. Although I know it is absolutely professionally necessary for me to start and complete grad school, I am fucking scared shitless to return to the daily grind of schoolwork and homework. Can't I get an honorary degree??
13. I almost never act on my crushes. I let them silently fester. It's more fun that way.
14. My hair smells like maple bacon as I type this. I made some kick-ass bacon sliders with homemade steak fries and grilled veggies for dinner. I need a boyfriend if only to have someone to cook for.
15. If 2010 was The Year of Follow Through, then 2011 is The Year of New Beginnings.
16. I am really afraid to go home. It's as if I've passed some sort of threshold after which living in a foreign country is no longer a novelty, but also no longer really fucking hard. It just is. I think this every time I go to the corner mart and my cashier speaks to me in English. And every time I have dinner at Taco Bell.
17. I wish I had the patience to learn a musical instrument. Then my resume would be true...
18. When I was 16 I worked at Taco Bell. At night, the manager on-duty was often a 19 year-old dude named Nick. When he wasn't looking, we'd clean the hot table by wiping all the excess beans, meat, red and green sauces, and nacho cheese into the pizza sauce, as it was already really chunky and absolutely disgusting. Also, we once served moldy flatbread -- we just friend those suckers up and served 'em as gorditas. I'ma go ahead and guess that every teenager at every Taco Bell in the history of the world has done this. Fair warning!
19. I had a one night stand in a tent at a Dave Mathews Concert when I was 21. So cliche.
Al. Most. There.
20. When I was 23, I got so drunk that when I puked, some of the upchuck got caught on my tongue ring (don't judge). This made me even more nauseous and disgusted, so I puked even more. When my stomach finally went into dry heaves, I stuck my fingers in my mouth, unscrewed that damn thang and flushed it down the toilet, along with the contents of my stomach. Good riddance, tongue ring.
21. I will never bungee jump. It's just stupid, y'all.
22. At age 8, I used to pop in my Dirty Dancing cassette and choreograph elaborate dances for my babysitter. She would clap and holler and play along like a champ. She was so good, in fact, that I was able to fool myself into thinking I was a good dancer well into adulthood. I both love and hate her for this.
23. When I was a junior in high school my chemistry class, indeed the entire front half of my high school, was evacuated. The SWAT team was called and everyone was in a panic because the old curmudgeonly man across the street was firing shotgun rounds into the air. Apparently he was pissed at all the whippersnappers for parking in front of his house. That man was my great uncle. I never told anyone.
24. I have only ever called in hungover once. But I have called in emotionally distraught countless times.
25. Name that movie:
"Charlie, what do you look for in a woman?"
"I know everyone says 'sense of humor', but I'd really have to go with breast size."
26. I has taken me over an hour to complete this. In that time I have eaten five Oreos and drank two glasses of milk; cleaned my ears and my fingernails; gone pee; changed into pajamas; IMDB'ed Angela Bassett; and thought of at least three new ways to secretly insult my boss.
27. In order to earn my Sous Chef title and apron, I must first cook a three course meal for Grandpa and Eurohot. I cook everyday, and yet this is overwhelmingly intimidating. But dammit, I deserve that apron!
28. I have no idea who the British Prime Minister is, but I can name all the countries of South America, Africa, Europe and Asia. Does that make up for my glaring hole in geopolitical knowledge?
29. I spelled 'whore' without a 'W' last week and didn't even notice. I think Asia is making me dumber.
30. I'm always in it for the laughs.
That's it folks.